- Gustosella Mozzarella di Bufala Campana DOP- Sweet and clean with just a hint of salt. Perfect this time of year with fresh tomatoes and basil.
- Quattro Portoni- Casatica di Bufala & Quadrello di Bufala- Brothers Alfio and Bruno Gritti took over their family’s cattle farm in Lombardy Northern Italy. In 2006 they introduced Water Buffalo and began making cheese. A few years later they decided to focus solely on raising buffalo and today the herd has grown to over 1000 Water Buffalo and they now produce 25 different cheeses. The Casatica di Bufala is a soft ripened cheese aged for approximately 4 weeks. It is rich and creamy in texture with notes of sweet cream. The Quadrello di bufala is a washed rind cheese with similar attributes as Tallegio. Aged for 2 months, Quadrello is dense and fudgy with notes of earth, mushrooms, sweet grass.
Please come by the shop and have a taste!
Burrata Season is Here!
Here is a bit about the wines that Rebecca will be pouring:
- Vouvray, an appellation on the right bank of the Loire River in France, is famous for its Chenin blanc made in a variety of styles from sparkling to sweet. This particular wine is made in the ‘sec’ style meaning dry and has bright acidity pairing perfectly with seafood. Christophe Thorigny is a medium sized estate that has been in the family for four generations with caves carved into the limestone hillsides and sustainably focused farming practices.
NV Torre Oria Cava Brut, Macabeo, Requena, SP
- This award winning Cava is yellow in color with light golden overtones and has a full floral bouquet of wild flowers and berries and abundant, fine bubbles. On the palate it has a magnificant presence-complex, full bodied and fresh, with notes of peaches, tropical fruits, and flowers. Made from carefully selected Macabeo grapes, it has been produced by the same traditional cava method since 1867, and spends at least 15 months in the bottle in Torre Oria’s historic cellars.
- Sperino winery is an archaeology project turned into winemaking venture. The Di Marchi family has been in charge of the estate since 1999 restoring the castle, winery and vineyards in this ancient winemaking region of Lessona at the base of Monte Rosa. The winemaking is very minimalist allowing the fruit of the area full expression. This rose made of mostly Nebbiolo can be consumed immediately but gains complexity as it ages.
2012 Chateau de Montfaucon, Les Gardettes Rouge, Rhone Valley, France
- Chateau Montfaucon is located on the West side of the Rhone River in a small appellation called Lirac. Les Gardettes or “the guard towers” have watched over the Rhone river since the 11th century and have been in the current family since 1766. With soil types similar to Chateneuf-du-pape located just across the river, one can only imagine the possible varietals coming out of this small appleation. This wine is comprised of Syrah, Mourvedre, Cinsault and Grenache and has so much to offer!! A delicious wine with medium body and plenty of red and blue fruit, maybe a little too easy to drink…
As usual, the tasting is complimentary and wines will be discounted Thursday only!