Witness Tree Rooftop Lounge to Open in Late 2021 in Hotel Indigo Vancouver WA
VANCOUVER, WA – August 12, 2021 – Vancouver’s first rooftop bar, Witness Tree lounge will open in late 2021 at the top of the new Hotel Indigo and will feature sweeping southern views across the Columbia River and the Portland skyline. Part of the Revelers Club collection of properties, Witness Tree will provide an elevated and spirited dining experience with a menu inspired by the flavors of the Pacific Northwest, seasonal hand-crafted cocktails, and the legendary hospitality for which Revelers Club and El Gaucho properties are known.
The lounge is named for the original Vancouver Witness Tree, an historic cottonwood tree on the bank of the Columbia River. The tree stood as a witness to a meeting of local Native American chiefs early in the early 1800s and is known to be the landing point of the Hudson’s Bay Company fur traders around 1824. The trunk eventually grew to be five feet in diameter and the crown spread 50 feet at 75 feet high before it washed away in the early 1900’s.
About Witness Tree
- Space: 1500 square feet indoors and a 600 square foot patio.
- Capacity: 70 in the lounge, 30 on the rooftop patio and 10-15 in the private balcony suite.
- Design Inspiration: Warmth and sophistication with rich woods and moody blues inspired by the local landscape. A show-stopping chandelier spotlights a custom round wooden ceiling feature. Luxurious fabrics and sparkling gold accents catch candle and firelight.
- Menu Highlights: Wine, champagne and cocktail-friendly small plates including a savory cheesecake, Dungeness Crab lettuce wraps, a Snake River Farms American Wagyu hotdog, chicken liver pate and the guilty pleasure of FRITOS® paired with house-made onion dip.
- Cocktail Inspirations: Tableside cocktails featuring house-made infusions and a weekly cocktail created from fruit and produce found at the Vancouver Farmer’s Market.
- General Manager: Kate Carr
- Executive Chef: Beau Carr (both Witness Tree and El Gaucho)
- Bar Lead: Matthew Ruelman
- Architect: Skidmore Janette Architecture Planning Design
- Builder: Wilcox Construction
Witness Tree is part of the transformation of The Waterfront Vancouver project and will share the same level of service and hospitality and culinary excellence as the new El Gaucho location on the first level of the Hotel Indigo. For more than 20 years, El Gaucho has been the Northwest’s steakhouse legacy and includes restaurants in Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma and Portland. The current downtown Portland location will remain in the historic Benson Hotel. Kirkland Development is the Vancouver-based Pacific Northwest developer and owner of a new 138-room Hotel Indigo and Kirkland Tower Condominiums with 40 luxury condominiums, as well as another 3.5-acre mixed-use development just east of the I-5 Bridge. Real Estate Investment Group was instrumental in brokering the deal between Fire & Vine Hospitality and Kirkland Development.
About El Gaucho Vancouver
Opening in the fall of 2021, El Gaucho Vancouver will feature the legendary service and exceptional quality for which the company is known, and the menu will include El Gaucho classics including tableside Caesar Salad, Chateaubriand for two and Bananas Foster. The main dining room, bar and restaurant private dining rooms will occupy 8500 square feet on the main floor of the Hotel Indigo. El Gaucho Vancouver will be open for dinner and happy hour and will provide food and beverage service for Hotel Indigo events and private dining spaces.
The Waterfront Vancouver Project
Vancouver’s historic waterfront began its transformation in 2015. It includes a $35 million waterfront park as well as restaurants, shops, housing and a hotel as it reconnects 35 acres along the Columbia River to the city’s historic core. The project will draw from 2.5 million nearby residents and is within walking distance to the Vancouver Convention Center.
- The dramatic cable-stay pier provides a scenic waterfront entranceway along with parks, fountains and open spaces.
- 3,300 new residential units including 40 luxury condominiums in Kirkland Tower
- More than 1.25 million square feet of Class A creative office space,
- Hotel Indigo – a 138-room boutique hotel featuring El Gaucho, as well as lobby and rooftop bars and nearly 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space all served by El Gaucho.
- A variety of restaurants, specialty retail shops and winery tasting rooms.
About Revelers Club and Fire & Vine Hospitality
Each Revelers Club location is unique to the community it serves, and all share the following attributes.
- Service – We provide every guest with a unique, unparalleled experience. We revel in celebrating lives.
- Quality – Our mission is to source the best in the world for our guests to enjoy.
- Community – Building a strong community through financial giving and sharing time and resources is a core company value.
Revelers Club is the industry’s most generous rewards program designed to reward and honor our guest’s loyalty and provide benefits at each location in the collection, including El Gaucho Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, Portland and Vancouver (opening 2021), AQUA by El Gaucho, Aerlume, Yellowhawk Resort, Walla Walla Steak Co. and Crossbuck Brewing. Free to join, the Revelers Club shares birthday and anniversary gifts at each level of the program and members receive points for every dollar spent.
Revelers Club is managed by the Fire & Vine Hospitality team which provides operational leadership, culinary expertise and product sourcing, marketing and technology support for some of the Pacific Northwest’s most iconic lodging and restaurants.