Kyra’s Bake Shop was founded by Kyra Bussanich, as a way to make tasty gluten free treats at a time when gluten free meant dense, tasteless and boring. Kyra has a great story and I’d like to share some highlights with you:
- After being diagnosed with a gluten-intolerance and fearing she would never be able to enjoy cupcakes and doughnuts ever again, Kyra was inspired to attend the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu patisserie program, and dedicated 100s of hours to creating the perfect gluten-free recipes that everyone can enjoy.
- She is a 3-time winner of the Food Network show Cup Cake Wars.
- Candace Nelson, the founder of Sprinkles Cupcakes has called Kyra “The GODDESS of gluten-free baking.”
- One of her NYC clients said, “They are even better than the gluten-free options at Babycakes in NYC.” (Personally, I had to taste them to believe that, but I have to agree!)
- Kyra’s ships nationally and has done large events, including celebrity parties, bridal showers, weddings, and more.
- Kyra is regularly a guest on local TV and radio programs and is looking to expand her reach as an expert in gluten free and diet restriction lifestyle living.
As a 3-time winner of Cup Cake Wars, Kyra has a lot of media and TV experience and exudes amazing energy and personality on camera and in interviews. Here’s a link so you can see for yourself https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34816926/KYRA%20COMPILATION%20FINAL%20.mov .
With Father’s Day just around the corner Kyra’s Big Pig Paleo Cookies are the perfect treat for Dad!
BIG PIG PALEO COOKIES (DF) (ONE DOZEN/HALF DOZEN): $47/$27
We’ve made a quarter pound cookie using bacon fat, pecan chunks, and dairy/soy free chocolate chips, that is also grain free, gluten free, and dairy free (includes egg yolk). If you want a single, hand held treat in your bag that packs the punch of chocolate mixed with bacon fat, this one is for you! We believe the Big Pig can be considered a low carb treat, since a majority of the calories come from healthy fats in bacon, egg yolk, and nuts.