Magna Kusina is offering an “everything but the bird” Thanksgiving special take-out menu, bringing Filipino flavors to traditional American Thanksgiving dishes.
The a la carte menu of delicious sides and sweets includes:
Sides (serving size for 4 people):
- Ensalada ($30) – Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Salted Egg Vinaigrette, Spices Hazelnuts
- Potato Ginataan Gratin ($30) – Potato, Coconut Cream, Garlic, Breadcrumbs
- Crab Fat Fried rice ($50) – Whole Dungeness crab (legs and picked body meat), Crab Fat, Egg, Seasonal Vegetables
- Green Bean Adobo Casserole ($30) – Green beans, Wild Mushroom Adobo Gravy, Fried Shallots
- Pandesal Stuffing ($35) – Pandesal, Magna Longanisa, Onions, Carrots, Celery
Sweets – $27 each, 9″ round
- Biko – Coconut Sticky Rice, Condensed Coconut Milk, Toasted Coconut (no crust)
- Pandan Cheesecake – Basque style Cheesecake, Brown Butter Polvoron Crumble (no crust)
- Banana Turon Cream Pie – Banana Custard, Roasted Banana Compote, Chantilly Cream, Cinnamon Sugar Crisps, Graham Cracker Crust
- Sweet Potato Pie – Sweet Potato filling, Ube Meringue, Classic Pie Crust
Pre-order by emailing email@example.com no later than Monday Nov. 22, with pick-up on Thursday Nov. 26th between 10am and 3pm.
About Magna Kusina: Magna Kusina was born from a common desire to bring Filipino food and culture to the forefront and garner recognition for the rich history behind both the country and the people that have become such an integral part of global society. Opened in August, 2019 in the culinary epicenter of Portland, Ore., Magna Kusina is built on a foundation of sustainability, flavor, and tradition. For a cuisine that stands out as the ultimate comfort food, chef/owner Carlo Lamagna presents familiarity and flavor through modern techniques, locally sourced seasonal ingredients, and a personal style developed over his 20+ year career in fine dining. Lamagna and his passionate team are carving their own path within America’s burgeoning Filipino food scene. A modern interpretation steeped in authentic flavors and traditional dishes, Magna Kusina seeks to show what Filipino food can be. Old school flavor, new school style. Learn more at MagnaPDX.com