FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – The best part about Oregon summer is the endless events and happenings that give folks the chance to enjoy the few months of sunshine. Perfect for a day trip or long weekend away, the city of McMinnville is the go-to destination for getaways in the Pacific Northwest and over the next few months, McMinnville will play host to many festivals, markets, and parties, perfect for friends and families alike. Here is a taste of what’s happening:
- Downtown McMinnville Farmer’s Market – This charming neighborhood market will set up shop in downtown McMinnville every Thursday afternoon/evening until October. This year, the market is in a new location, between 1st & 2nd on Cowls Street (just one block up from where they used to be) to accommodate more vendors and longer hours.
- Concerts on the Plaza – These family friendly concerts happen every Thursday evening from July 6-September 7. Located on Davis St between 3rd & 4th Street, music lovers can enjoy beer/wine, food vendors, etc. It’s a perfect (and relaxed way) to start a long weekend in McMinnville!
- Cycle Oregon – Everyone is welcome for Cycle Oregon’s two-day bike bash, happening July 7-9! Linfield College campus in McMinnville is home base for a weekend of great rides, live tunes, and activities galore. Choose from a short, medium or long route through wine country, then camp under the stars or crash in the dorms.
- Fueled by Fine Wine Half Marathon – The entirely new class of running events is coming once again to Oregon’s Dundee Hills AVA wine region summer 2017! Fueled by Fine Wine, in collaboration with the Dundee Hills AVA, is proud to present the 8th annual Fueled by Fine Wine Half-Marathon on Sunday July 9, 2017. This event sets itself apart by exploring some of the most magnificent vineyard vistas in Oregon, as well as by working with local Dundee charities and Oregon sponsors creating an exciting event for the region while also supporting the local economy.
- IPNC – The IPNC is a three-day event famous around the globe, as a mecca for lovers of Pinot noir and northwest cuisine. During the weekend of July 18-21, world-renowned winemakers, northwest chefs, esteemed media, epicures, and wine lovers will gather in McMinnville, Oregon, for three days of exploring Pinot noir, savoring unforgettable meals, and learning and celebrating with luminaries of the food and wine world.
- Bounty of Yamhill County – Taking place August 25-27, Bounty of Yamhill County (BOYC) is a three-day annual event that celebrates this vibrant community of famous wineries, celebrated chefs, and sustainable family farms.
- Walnut City Music Festival – This local music festival will take place September 1-2 in McMinnville’s Granary District.
- Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon – The Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon is truly a hidden gem, offering an experience unique to any of its sister events in the series. Hosted in Yamhill County in the heart of the Willamette Valley on September 3, participants rave about the small-town charm, incredible sunrise views, scenic course, great wines, and post-race Wine & Music Festival, presented by Ken Wright Cellars. Less than an hour from Portland, this thriving wine region is a favorite of Pinot Noir lovers and romantics who desire a less hectic vacation experience. There will be many pre and post-race happenings in McMinnville!
- Oregon Brews & BBQ – This fun event, happening September 8-10 on Baker & 4th Street, celebrates local food and local brewers with live music and good times.
Interview opportunities with representatives from Visit McMinnville available! For more information, visit http://visitmcminnville.com.
About Visit McMinnville
In 2014, the McMinnville City Council started laying the groundwork to establish McMinnville as a world-class tourism destination. Council members created a funding source and a leadership panel to design a plan promoting tourism as a primary pillar of the city’s long-term economic development strategy. After nearly two years of research and collaboration from the panel, the City Council approved the formation of Visit McMinnville. The organization is a full-service marketing group dedicated to enhancing McMinnville’s economy through the promotion of tourism. Visit McMinnville has created marketing projects, programs and service plans that it intends to implement in the coming year to achieve economic growth and prosperity for all city residents.