WIDMER BROTHERS BREWING
PRESENTED BY DAVE’S KILLER BREAD
The Sandwich Invitational on 9/17 is Feast Portland’s killer kick-off party, where wildly imaginative, cheffed-up interpretations deliciously redefine everything you thought a sandwich could aspire to be at Director Park. From Southern masters to BBQ legends, this gathering of the country’s leading chefs will explore how the depth and breadth of America’s culinary landscape can fit between two slices of bread—with even the bread up for interpretation!
Sandwich glory is on the line with our panel of legendary food writers, chefs and personalities choosing a victor as well as a People’s Choice favorite from the crowd. So, grab your napkin, your token and wash it all down with craft brews by Portland’s pioneering Widmer Brothers Brewing, Northwest wines and creative cocktails.
Check out the incredible chef line-up this year!
- Nick Anderer, Maialino (New York, NY)
- Aaron Barnett, St. Jack (Portland, OR)
- Alvin Cailan, Eggslut (Los Angeles, CA)
- Elias Cairo, Olympia Provisions (Portland, OR)
- Aaron Franklin, Franklin Barbecue (Austin, TX)
- Duff Goldman, Charm City Cakes (Los Angeles, CA)
- Gregory Gourdet, Departure (Portland, OR)
- Tim Healea, Little T Baker (Portland, OR)
- Steve McHugh, Cured (San Antonio, TX)
- Harold Moore, Harold’s Meat + 3 (New York, NY)
- Vitaly Paley, Imperial (Portland, OR)
- BJ Smith, Smokehouse Tavern (Portland , OR)
- Scott Snyder, Levant (Portland, OR)
- John Stewart, Meat Cheese Bread (Portland, OR)
- Justin Wills, Restaurant Beck (Depoe Bay, OR)
PRESENTED BY IMBIBE
At Feast Portland’s Drink Tank local and national beverage industry experts guide an intimate group of attendees through a tasting of premium beverages. Feast panelists like Joshua M. Bernstein of Imbibe, Christian DeBenedetti of The Weekly Pint, Bobby Heugel of Anvil Bar & Refuge, Jim Meehan of Mixography Inc., Jeffery Morgenthaler of Clyde Common and Pepe Le Moko, Rajat Parr of Seven Springs Estate and writer Bruce Schoenfeld will share their extensive knowledge along with a few good stories as they explore new trends in the wine, beer and cocktail world.
Drink Tank 2015 will delve into hot topics like European-style farmhouse ales at American microbreweries, rare beers with cult-like followings, alcohol and balance in Pinot Noir, the resurging popularity of margaritas, and the love and lore of American whiskey. Drink Tank panels take place during the day on Friday and Saturday of Feast Portland weekend in the beautiful Evans H. Roberts Sculpture Mall of Portland Art Museum.