- Carrot Cake Batter w/ Pralined Hazelnuts
- The most decadent carrot cake you’ll have all year. Plump, sugar-coated and slow-roasted carrots blend into a creamy, spiced ice cream with a hint of molasses. This pillow-y carrot cake batter flavor makes for the perfect host to crunchy, candied hazelnuts and a swirl of cheesecake frosting. A familiar favorite that gives you the feeling of warmth in a decadent frozen dessert.
- Spinach Cake w/ Chocolate Tahini Fudge
- Spinach, cake, and chocolate… Eating your greens never looked so good. Taking inspiration from an incredible Turkish dessert, pureed spinach gets the sweet treatment as it’s baked into a fluffy golden-green cake and slathered with an indulgent layer of chocolate frosting. Then, we crumble this goodness into a vanilla ice cream alongside smears of rich housemade tahini fudge.
- Green Fennel & Maple
- Fennel bulbs slow-steeped in maple give this a refreshing black licorice-like flavor. When we fall in love with an ingredient, we tend to go all in – and the aromatic and complex flavors of fresh fennel had us at hello. The entire fennel plant is incorporated – from bulb to frond – toasting the seeds and juicing the leaves before steeping them in fennel pollen and maple syrup. This results in a luscious green ice cream complimented by maple syrup to accentuate the deep and complex sweetness.
- Charred Corn Curd, Cotija & Tajin
- Fresh charred corn brings us a touch of savory, a bit of sweet, and a lot of delicious. Summer nights are made for corn on the cob, and fewer preparations are more delectable than Elotes. As an ode to this iconic Mexican dish, we torch fresh corn to bring out the rich toasty flavor notes and blend it into a corn curd. This mixture is ribboned through a housemade mayo ice cream with a touch of lime & tajin, then crumbled with fresh cotija cheese.
- Red Chili Curry & Makrut Lime Crispy Rice (v)
- Red chili cooked into coconut cream and a special blend of spices make for a surprisingly bright and refreshing treat to perfectly cool you off in the summer heat. Inspired by Southeast Asian curries, we churn roasted red chili curry, lemongrass, spices and a splash of makrut lime with coconut cream. We top off our curry with handfuls of crispy rice florentines loaded with makrut lime for a pop of citrus and texture. Trust us on this one.
ABOUT SALT & STRAW ICE CREAM
Salt & Straw Ice Cream is a Portland-based, family-run ice cream company that was founded in 2011 by cousins Kim & Tyler Malek. Salt & Straw makes unbelievably delicious ice creams that tell the narrative of artisans, meaningful food movements and important social causes. The company creates a unique menu that changes every four weeks, makes ice cream by hand in small batches and designs a generous store experience that’s personalized and welcoming. The debut Salt & Straw Cookbook was released in April 2019, published by Clarkson Potter. Salt & Straw presently has three scoop shops in Portland, one in Lake Oswego and one in Eugene, with a new scoop shop recently opened in Beaverton. Pint packs are available for online purchase, and can be shipped anywhere in the United States as well as through the Salt & Straw Pints Club.