July 26, 2019, Portland, Ore – The Rocky Butte Farmers Market will hold its second Pop Up Market on Saturday, August 3 from 10am to 2pm at the Dharma Rain Zen Center, located at 8500 NE Siskiyou Street in Portland.
The first Pop Up Market attracted approximately 1000 customers, exceeding the expectations of organizers. Vendors were delighted to sell out of seasonal produce, pasture raised chickens, and farm fresh eggs. Exit surveys taken by market organizers showed strong demand for more seasonal produce and prepared food options. In response, the Rocky Butte Farmers Market team is adding several new vendors to the August 3 lineup.
“When we asked neighbors over a year ago if they would support a farmers market, the answer was an overwhelming, ‘Yes!’,” said Ben Cutler, President of the Rocky Butte Farmers Market. “Our intention for the market is to unite communities across NE 82nd Avenue, feature neighborhood farmers, artists and entrepreneurs, and connect customers to healthy, delicious, locally grown and prepared foods. We are so happy that Dharma Rain Zen Center has agreed to host our inaugural season of Pop Up Markets this year, too.”
Vendors for the pop up market include the following:
● Chalchi Farm (Portland, OR): salsa-oriented vegetables, including tomatillos, tomatoes, habanero peppers, serrano peppers, cilantro, epazote, basil, lettuce, spinach, chard, peas, carrots, radishes, handmade copper and shell/bone jewelry
● Davinia Acres (Eagle Creek, OR): seasonal mixed produce and pastured meat shares.https://www.facebook.
● El Local (Portland, OR): Mexican food truck featuring fresh tacos, burritos, gorditas, and horchata.
● Fawn Lily Farm (Portland, OR): freshly cut flower bouquets
● Flying Dog Heart Farm (Portland and Corbett, OR): tea blends, tinctures, herbal vinegars, fresh herbs, plant starts, fresh vegetables
● Henry Higgins Boiled Bagels (Portland, OR): freshly made bagel sandwiches and bulk bagels.
● Lanvin French Bakery (Portland, OR): freshly baked pastries with gluten free options. https://www.yelp.com/biz/
● Little Sun Farm (Gresham, OR): fresh vegetables, including salad mix, lettuce, kale, chard, spinach, radish, green onions, parsley
● Mad Roots (Portland, OR): Madison High School student interns selling mixed seasonal produce.
● Mill Meadow Farm (Damascus, OR): seasonal mixed producehttps://www.facebook.
● Olander EarthWorks (Portland, OR): handmade ceramic zen gardens and unique creations.
● Pizza Schmizza (Portland, OR): fresh pizza and beverages.
● Rocky Butte Coffee Roasters (Portland, OR): coffee beans, pour over coffee, iced coffee
● Shane Reaney Studio (Portland, OR): ceramics
● Sherret Food Forest (Portland, OR): edible flowers, seasonal mixed producehttps://www.
● Short Stock Farm (Hillsboro, OR): pasture raised chickens. https://www.shortstockfarm.com
● Starry Moon Farm (Portland, OR): fresh seasonal vegetables, flowers, herbshttps://starrymoonfarm.
● T bees Honey (Sherwood, OR): fresh local honey and beeswax products https://www.facebook.com/T-
● Thorneberry Farm (Ranier, OR): organic blueberries
● Trent Family Farms (Cloverdale, OR): pasture raised beef, lamb, and eggs.
● Whisper of Essence Bath & Body (Portland, OR): handmade goat milk soaps, goat milk & shea butter lotion, bath bombs, bath salts
Note: vendor list and offerings are subject to change.
Additional activities include: live music; childrens’ activities; free tours of the Dharma Rain Zen Center; and information booths featuring the OSU Master Gardeners Program, OnPoint Community Credit Union, and the City of Portland’s Neighborhood Emergency Teams. The Rocky Butte Farmers Market organizers will also be available at an info both to answer all your questions and welcome your feedback on the market.
This event is free to attend.
Rocky Butte Farmers Market is dedicated to featuring seasonal, nutritious, locally grown foods and beverages in east Portland, for the purpose of enriching our community. Supporters include OnPoint Community Credit Union and the Dharma Rain Zen Center.
Rocky Butte Farmers Market Portland, Oregon https://www.rockybuttemarket.