Rocky Butte Farmers Market Launches Pop Up Market July 13, 2019
June 20, 2019, Portland, Ore – The Rocky Butte Farmers Market is thrilled to announce its inaugural event, a pop up market on Saturday, July 13, 2019 from 10am to 2pm at the Dharma Rain Zen Center, located at 8500 NE Siskiyou Street in Portland.
This pop-up market is the culmination of two years of strategy development and planning after a group of neighbors in the Madison South, Roseway, and Sumner neighborhoods expressed interest in bringing a farmers market to the area. The closest market is currently in Montavilla on Sundays (seasonal).
“When we asked neighbors over a year ago if they would support a farmers market, the answer was an overwhelming, ‘Yes!’,” said Ben Cutler, President of the Rocky Butte Farmers Market. “Our intention for the market is to unite communities across NE 82nd Avenue, feature neighborhood farmers, artists and entrepreneurs, and connect customers to healthy, delicious, locally grown and prepared foods. We are so happy that Dharma Rain Zen Center has agreed to host our inaugural season of Pop Up Markets this year, too.”
Vendors for the pop-up market include the following:
- Beeswing (Portland, OR): baked goods
- Fawn Lily Farm (Portland, OR): cut flowers
- Flying Dog Heart Farm (Portland and Corbett, OR): tea blends, tinctures, herbal vinegars, fresh herbs, plant starts, fresh vegetables
- Little Sun Farm (Gresham, OR): fresh vegetables, including salad mix, lettuce, kale, chard, spinach, radish, green onions, parsley
- Rocky Butte Coffee Roasters (Portland, OR): coffee beans, pour over coffee, iced coffee
- Shane Reaney Studio (Portland, OR): ceramics
- Starry Moon Farm (Portland, OR): vegetables, flowers, herbs
- Thorneberry Farm (Rainier, OR): blueberries
- Whisper of Essence Bath & Body (Portland, OR): handmade goat milk soaps, goat milk & shea butter lotion, bath bombs, bath salts
- Wooden Mallet Farm (Yamhill, OR): pastured pork, eggs, possibly meat birds
- Xochitl Garnica (Portland, OR): salsa-oriented vegetables, including tomatillos, tomatoes, habanero peppers, serrano peppers, cilantro, epazote, basil, lettuce, spinach, chard, peas, carrots, radishes, handmade copper and shell/bone jewelry
Note: vendor list and offerings are subject to change.
Salvadoran musicians Tito Amaya and Grupo Latitudes will provide live Andean music during the market; additional musicians may participate as well. OnPoint Community Credit Union will be present with a booth, and along with their free pens and sticky notes they also will do a raffle. The Rocky Butte Farmers Market organizers will also be available at an info both to answer all your questions and welcome your feedback on the market.
This event is free to attend. No dogs, please.
Rocky Butte Farmers Market is dedicated to featuring seasonal, nutritious, locally grown foods and beverages in east Portland, for the purpose of enriching our community. Supporters include OnPoint Community Credit Union and Dharma Rain Zen Center.
Rocky Butte Farmers Market