PORTLAND, Ore.—The Classic Wines Auction presented Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel with a check for $249,584 at a recent presentation ceremony in northeast Portland. This year’s auction raised nearly $3.2 million for five benefiting charities in Portland and southwest Washington.
Proceeds from the Classic Wines Auction help Randall Children’s Hospital ensure children facing complex medical conditions receive the specialized care they need, regardless of their ability to pay.
As part of Legacy Health, Randall Children’s Hospital is a nonprofit locally-owned organization. The hospital helps improve the well-being of their communities by:
- Partnering with local schools to provide injury-prevention programs
- Offering home safety information and products in the Randall Children’s Hospital Safety Center
- Providing classes and taking part in community events, including car seat safety checks and bicycle helmet fittings
- Leading a medical assessment program for suspected child abuse cases
- Partnering with other organizations to care for low-income families
- Developing new programs and services to help create a healthier generation of children
This year’s four other benefiting charities are New Avenues for Youth, Friends of the Children – Portland, Metropolitan Family Service (MFS) and YWCA Clark County.
Since its inception in 1982, the Classic Wines Auction has raised almost $37 million for children and families in the community. For more information about the Classic Wines Auction, call (503) 972-0194 or visit www.classicwinesauction.com
About Randall Children’s Hospital
As Oregon’s largest provider of pediatric inpatient and emergency services combined, Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel is a regional medical center for infants, children and teens. Designed for the special health care needs of children, Randall Children’s Hospital gives kids a place where they can still be kids, even while they’re healing. For more information about Randall Children’s Hospital, visit www.legacyhealth.org/giving