Multiple Courses at the Whim of Chef Ryley Eckersley’s Creativity
Portland, Ore. – October 30, 2018 – Chef Ryley Eckersley has launched a new tasting menu option at Quaintrelle. Running in addition to the regular dinner menu, the tasting menu will consist of five or six courses based on the seasonal ingredients in the kitchen, sourced from local farms, ranches and waterways. While dishes will change according to availability, the current offerings include:
- Oysters, green strawberry, serrano,
- Yellowtail, orange, fennel, hazelnut, white
- Carrots, parsnips, potato,
frisee, poached egg, seeds, pancetta, maple, wasabi
- Short rib, celeriac, radish, shishito, baby mustard greens (pictured below)
- Passionfruit tart, espresso ice cream, white chocolate, basil, citrus “sour gummies”
Since joining Quaintrelle in June, Eckersley has been fine-tuning his menu and service, adding more seafood, expanding Happy Hour options, and bringing in monthly live music. The tasting menu gives him an opportunity to play, and to fulfill requests from Quaintrelle’s guests.
“Our guests frequently ask the servers how many dishes they should order. So I wanted to give an option where they could abandon all decision making and let the kitchen go full tilt with creativity,” says Eckersley. “I feel incredibly lucky that we’re in a place now where the guests are entrusting us to say ‘make me whatever you like.’”
Full table participation is required for the tasting menu, and dinner is priced at $65. Wine pairings are $35 additional.
Bar manager Camille Cavan has also launched some new fall cocktails, including:
- “Desert Bliss” – Aviation gin, lustau white vermouth, moscato d’asti, cynar 70, smoked sea salt
- “View from the Top” – Bourbon, Nardini, spiced pear, coffee bitters, lemon, salt and egg white
- “Valuable Intrigue” – Vodka, quince/passionfruit, Becherovka, allspice, lime, absinthe spray
About Quaintrelle: Located in Portland’s bustling N. Mississippi neighborhood, Quaintrelle serves cuisine inspired by the Pacific Northwest and made with passion and intention, working with purveyors to ensure the best seasonally available local ingredients. The restaurant is located at 3936 N. Mississippi Ave. in Portland. Reservations may be made through OpenTable, www.quaintrelle.co, or by calling (503) 200-5787.