PORTLAND, Ore. (July 6, 2015) – Just in time for the summer and fall wine travel seasons, Penner-Ash Wine Cellars has created an extensive menu of new taste experiences at the winery. Owners Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite visitors beyond the tasting room to tour the Willamette Valley winery, taste library Pinot noir wines in the intimate setting of the Fireside Room, hike among the vines, and enjoy a picnic lunch in the estate vineyard or tasting room as part of these experiences. New offerings for groups small and large include a variety of private event options featuring culinary delights created in collaboration with local chefs, caterers and restaurants.
- Two complimentary drop-in tours daily, at 11:30am and 2:30pm (duration, 30 minutes). Tour the beautiful gravity flow winery to learn about the winemaking process and what makes Penner-Ash wines so special.
- Private winery tours with flight of five wines are $35 per person; add a boxed lunch for $70 (reservations required).
- Guided hikes take visitors through the Estate Vineyards to learn about our viticultural practices. Enjoy a flight of five wines along the way to explore how Pinot noir made from a single vineyard is a reflection of each vintage, $50 per person; or $70 with a boxed lunch picnic (reservations required).
- Private seated tastings of six wines on the fermentation deck within the working winery are $40 per person; with a walking tour, $50 per person; with the addition of Pas de Nom limited availability library wines and a tour, $75 per person. In-season, private seated tastings are also available on the outdoor patio overlooking the Chehalem Valley (reservations required).
- Library wine tastings for drop-in visitors are now available in a flight of three select older vintages of Pinot noir at the new Library Bar tucked into the winery’s Fireside Room, $25 per person.