Greeting from Jossy Farms!
We are in week two of our 2018 harvest and there is a lot of wonderful fruit on the trees. We will be open this week Thursday Aug 16, Friday August 17 and Saturday August 18. Open hours are 9-1 Thurs and Fri and 9-2 on Saturday. U-pick price is $1.25/pound.
Starting this week we will also have Sunflowers available.
We are picking Gravenstein and Early Gold Apples along with Red Clapp and Bartlett Pears. Both apple varieties are wonderful for baking and canning. Red Clapp pears are best for eating fresh. They are a crisper pear that we love to use on salads or grilled cheese! Bartlett pears are great for canning and baking. Remember these are picked firm and then ripen on the counter for 10-14 days to soften. Both the apples and pears can store for at least 2 months in the refrigerator.
Conveniently located off of Hwy 26/Sunset Hwy. 18 miles west of Portland and 60 miles east of Seaside.
1/8 miles south of the Sunset Highway at the North Plains exit (#57) and ¼ mile west on Beach Rd.
To get the most from your visit:
- Bring boxes to pick into.
- We provide carts allowing you to pick directly into the boxes. Less handling means less bruising for the fruit. Please do not bring buckets.
- Picking the fruit is easy. It is within reach and does not require ladders.
- Cash and check only
Please be considerate of our farm:
- Please don’t bring your dog. We strive to keep our orchards very clean and other customers may not love your pet as much as you do!
- Pick where we assign you. Not all the crops you see might be ready for harvesting.
We will regularly update you through these emails, our 24-hr recorded harvest line: (503) 647-5234, on our website (www.jossyfarms.com), and on our Facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you soon