After 7 years, Olympia Provisions NW (OPNW) is growing into herself in Slabtown. Like a teenager, she’s changed her clothes, dyed her hair, and now has her own style.
Dining at any Olympia Provisions location is something special and unique: old world charcuterie production meets contemporary culinary presentation. The combination of OPNW’s new aesthetic and menu is a fresh example of this experience. The format is also our first foray into a more coastal European style bistro: we’ve added a raw bar next to the deli case, banquette seating, updated furniture and lighting, and threw up a fresh coat of paint. Likewise, Chef Eric Joppie is excited to focus on the intersection between Oregon seafood and charcuterie. The menu highlights coastal fare and seasonal vegetables while paying homage to what we know and do well: charcuterie, wine, and pastry. The quintessential dish will be a Hog & Rocks (meat and seafood) tower. Did we mention Jessica Hereth was named one of Food & Wine’s 2018 Sommeliers of the Year? The natural wine program is highly curated and approachable.
Our aim is to be the go to dining room of Northwest Portland. We are using food and wine to celebrate our community: from the fishermen to the foragers to the farmers to all the folks (new and old) in the city. The restaurant will be open for brunch, lunch, and dinner, transforming throughout the day to cater to our diverse assembly of vendors and customers. We invite everyone to come enjoy a meal and time together.
For context, our founders Elias Cairo & Nate Tilden worked with our Chef Joppie at Castagna in 2002 and 16 years later continue to be impressed by his talent and boundless energy. He’s an unsung hero of Oregon food, championing all that is local while mastering his trade. After almost two years at the helm, with us, his passion for showcasing Oregon’s natural bounty is being realized.
Olympia Provisions NW
1632 NW Thurman St.
Both lunch and dinner will feature a menu du jour. The dinner and brunch menus will have fixed family style menus.
- Olympia Provisions Burger: salami grind, smoked provolone, butter lettuce, dijonnaise, full sour pickle, with a sunny egg. Served on a Fleur de Lis sesame kaiser bun, with fries and aioli
- Assorted Benedicts
- Saucisson Hachées Marinées: chopped salami marinated with herbed sherry vinaigrette, with toast
- Oregon Halibut Tartare: orange zest, garlic chives, chive flower, aci sevri chili oil
- Grilled Asparagus: mussels marinated with fermented chili, pickled lemon salsa verde, sourdough crumbs
- Grilled Sweetheart Ham & Aged White Cheddar: rhubarb mostarda, on sliced sour levain
- Hog & Rocks Tower: tasting of the Raw Bar and Charcuterie
- Grilled Flanken Short Ribs: roast porcini, fava beans, red wine-porcini sauce
- Grilled Sardine: fennel salad, pickled rhubarb, anise hyssop pistou
- Oregon Halibut: seared little gems, roasted breakfast radish, green goddess
- The wine list will feature European and western natural and biodynamic wines
About Olympia Provisions:
Olympia Provisions, an authentic and house-made charcuterie and meats company, began as Oregon’s first USDA-certified salumeria and now offers food-lovers six Portland restaurant locations and online product availability nationwide. We strive to grow the quality meat business to support our local economy and employees. Our vision is to use real food to cultivate conversation, community, and change as well as to be known in households, restaurants, and grocery stores across the globe as the makers of authentic, old-world charcuterie. We are focused on developing our employees as people and professionals, continuously improving our communities, and supporting sustainable and scalable supply chains. For more information, please visit olympiaprovisions.com