Seasonal frozen cocktail flavors change daily
PORTLAND, Ore. July 16, 2018 – Nel Centro’s new executive chef Luis Escorcia is launching his first summer menu since re-joining Nel Centro. The new summer menu offers a variety of locally-sourced ingredients, from corn and peaches to strawberries and Dungeness crab.
The cocktail program has been updated to reflect the rising temperatures with new rotating frozen cocktails, with flavors such as cherry lime rickey, mango margarita and blackberry chile bramble. The frozen drinks, as well as a few other new summer cocktail additions are available during happy hour.
Summer Starters & Salads include:
- Sweet corn and lobster bisque with extra virgin olive oil
- Steamed littleneck clams and house-made chorizo with fresno chile confit
- Wild baby arugula with strawberries, black walnuts and shaved manchego
Summer Pizzas and Pastas include:
- Prosciutto, peaches, brie arugula and saba
- Roma tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil pesto
- Spinach cavatelli alla bolognese with parmigiana reggiano
- Bucatini with wild shrimp, roasted tomatoes and oregano bread crumbs
- Dungeness crab risotto with fine herbs and sweet corn butter
- Tomato ricotta mezzaluna with roasted garlic cream, pecorino and basil oil
- Tagliatelle with slow braised beef cheek and smoked pecorino
Summer Entrées and Sides include:
- Pork osso bucco with saffron risotto and preserved meyer lemon gremolata
- Grilled dry aged rib eye steak with grilled heirloom cauliflower, maitake mushrooms, romesco sauce and salsa verde
- Grilled heirloom cauliflower and maitake mushrooms
- Broccolini with meyer lemon gremolata
Summer Desserts include:
- S’mores mousse cake with smoked white chocolate
- Lemon ricotta cake with blackberry ice cream
- Handmade cherry pie with mascarpone ice cream
- Orange Line with Dewars scotch, blood orange and bitters
- Ain’t Misbehavin’ with gin, strawberry, lemon juice and orange bitters
- Bird of Paradise with Mt. Gay rum, papaya and lime
- Frozen cocktails change daily and flavors include cherry lime rickey, blackberry chile bramble, and mango margarita.
Reservations are available by calling 503-484-1099.
Nel Centro is located in the heart of the downtown Portland at 1408 SW Sixth Avenue adjacent to Hotel Modera. Classic dishes of Northern Italy and Southeast France meet David Machado’s passion for culinary tradition and locally sourced, seasonal food. Nel Centro is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and weekend brunch. For more information and menu, please visit nelcentro.com.