New Neal’s Yard Shipment
Yesterday we received a shipment from our friends at Neal’s Yard Dairy in London and want to bring to your attention the return of some of our favorites.
- Stilton- The classic English blue.
- Cardo-A Very pungent washed rind goat’s milk cheese from Ireland.
- Gubbeen- Slightly stinky, washed rind cow’s milk cheese also from Ireland.
- Coolea- A farmstead cow’s milk gouda from Ireland. This cheese is tasting amazing right now! We are very excited to have this beauty back in our case. it’s been too long!
- Kirkham’s Lancashire- Similar to a cheddar but not, it is bright and tangy. Excellent companion with beer.
- Spenwood- A cave-aged, natural rinded sheep’s milk cheese from England. Amazingly delicious!
- Duckett’s Caerphilly-A Welsh Classic. Raw cow’s milk; mild, lactic, with creamy edges and dry center.
- Tunsworth- An English Camembert. Made from cow’s milk with strong cabbage-like flavors. Supple and soft in texture.
Please come by the shop and have a taste!
Burrata Season is Here!
Tomato season is slowly coming to an end. Treat yourself and savor the last days of summer with delicious Burrata and tomatoes. Come by the shop and pick up one to go or have a seat and enjoy a Burrata Caprese prepared by us.
Sherry Tasting, Thursday, September 17th, 5:30-7:30pm
Please join us this Thursday as Tony Raynor of Galaxy Wine Company pours three Sherries and one Port. This should be a really fun, exciting, and educational tasting so don’t miss it! Here is what Tony will be pouring:
NV Fernando Castilla, Fino Classic Dry
- Fernando de Castilla is one of the region’s finest small, independent sherry houses. The company specializes in natural, unfined and unfiltered products as supreme examples of the ancient wine making traditions of the Jeréz region. Fino is the driest and palest style of sherry, and like all sherries, undergoes aerobic aging. In the case of finos (and manzanillas), oxidation is avoided by the spontaneous appearance of a veil of yeasts (called flor) on the surface of the wine which consumes the alcohol. It is fragrant and perfumed, feminine and subtle, with dry flowers and a rare balance between old and young. The palate shows a much more serious wine; pungent, intense, saline, sharp and at the same time delicate, complex and long.
NV Valdespino, Manzanilla Deliciosa En Rama
- From Manzanilla. This is an “en rama” bottling which means the wine has not been fined, filtered or cold stabilized. It is as close to trying sherry straight from the cask as you can get!
NV Bodegas Alvear Pale Cream Sherry
- Fortified PX Fino for a light color but sweeter palette. Assertive, yeasty, crusty-bread nose. In the palate it is clean and tangy with a refreshing finish and a softness which makes it delightfully easy to drink.
Warres Otima 10 Year Tawny Port
- Traditional port grapes aged for an average of 10 years in large neutral oak barrels. Rich tawny color, with an excellent nose of nuts and hints of mature fruit. On the palate light and delicate, beautifully rounded, with hints of dried fruits, and a long elegant finish.
As usual, the tasting is complimentary, and wines will be discounted Thursday only!
6031 SE Belmont Street
Portland, OR 97215