Moms the Word with New Spring Tea Blends
At A. Tellin Co. the goal is to make unique and delicious teas that showcase the character of the ingredients, build interest and personality and add to the collective conversation. As the days grow longer and the flowers start to bloom, tea fans may find themselves leaning into more bright and refreshing beverages. As part of the new Spring ‘21 Collection, A. Tellin is releasing four new tea blends, as well as an extra special blend for mom.
- Moms the Word: Smooth oolong and delicate white teas paired with fragrant rose petals, sweet elderflower and white plum blossoms, from our very own orchard, all come together to celebrate our mothers.
- Call Me Earl: Deep and round black teas with notes of malt, clover and honeysuckle are scented with a floral Italian Bergamot oil before being finished with a whisper of juniper.
- Spring Fling: Soft, floral, warm and inviting, this Jasmine green tea includes a small amount of Huo Mountain yellow tea scented with Tahitian vanilla, rose and a touch of osmanthus.
- Country Mint: The best peppermint in the world is carefully blended with a touch of oatstraw, Sri Lankan licorice root, cardamom, lavender and lime oil.
- Louisiana Breakfast: A smooth, dark and sweet puerh, with a small amount of red Mao Feng lightly scented with bourbon vanilla, finished with Assam and cacao shells.
Need a Dose of Cute? Take Mom to See the New Farm Babies!
Abbey Road Farm’s tasting room is excited to welcome mothers, grandmas, and families for fun and engaging tastings on Mother’s Day weekend. The team has moved indoor tastings into its large event arena for social distancing purposes, complete with a covered patio with heaters for a comfortable hangout spot outside with a view! Guests can even bring their own picnic set up to hang out on the field or pick up snacks prepared by resident chef/innkeeper Will Priesch to enjoy while taking in the panoramic views. Reservations are recommended for seated wine tastings, open all weekend from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Atticus Mother’s Day 2018 Pinot Noir Duo
A great introduction to its wines and beautiful vineyard, Atticus Wine is offering a 2-bottle sampler of its 2018 vintage. This special duo of the 2018 Yamhill Carlton and Atticus Vineyard Pinot Noirs aptly salutes the mothers in our lives, available at $75. Local curbside pickup is available, with $20 flat ground shipping within the continental US. Please note temperatures have been a challenge and buyers may need a different service for delivery to ensure wine arrives safely and on time. Order online.
Mother’s Day Packages for Take-Out or Dine-In
Celebrate the women in your life with one of two Mother’s Day packages from Fullerton Wines. Both include a cheese and charcuterie board, Susanne’s Seed Crackers, a quiche of your choice (lorraine or mushroom) and one bottle each of Five FACES Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Orders are due by Friday, May 7th for pick-up on Sunday.
Quaintrelle Chef’s Tasting Menu: Choice of 5, 7 or 9 courses
Bouquet of Ribbons for Mom
- 2018 Red Electric Alpine Lily (Wine Enthusiast Score of 94), bursting with aromas of white flowers, along with lemon curd and a touch of vanilla pastry cream and brine.
- 2018 Red Electric Evening Primrose Chardonnay, focused with bright citrus blossom acids balancing the intensely rich lemon curd flavors.
New Flavors in Bloom at Salt & Straw
Late spring is a rollercoaster ride of rainy mornings with heartwarming sunny afternoons and first-of-the-season fresh produce at the farmers markets that offer an incredible burst of color and delight. This shift to spring is a welcome departure from winter and an awakening in energy and appetites. Salt & Straw’s Eat Your Flowers ice creams represent this vitality, rejuvenation of the senses, and consumption of nature through the use of vivid flowers, bright fruits, and potent aromatics that draw us outside no matter the forecast.
- Rhubarb Crumble w/ Toasted Anise
- Wildflower Honey w/ Ricotta Walnut Lace Cookies
- Jasmine Milk Tea & Chocolate
- Mathilde’s Hibiscus & Coconut Sherbet (v)
Salt & Straw
Escape the City and Leave the Cooking to the Chefs
Whisk mom away for a weekend getaway at Steamboat Inn, a 60-year-old rustic gem in the heart of the Umpqua Forest. From hideaway cottages to campwater houses, Steamboat can accommodate families small and large for a unique destination vacation experience. Book now to reserve your accommodations.