Green Truck Grocery launches to the public as the Portland area’s newest online specialty grocer.
Owned and operated out of Hillsboro, GTG delivers Oregon’s finest local produce and products, as well as a wide range of organic and earth-friendly typical grocery items.
We are excited to present to the Portland community the first 100% renewably powered specialty grocery store offering convenient delivery by electric vehicle. From our energy-efficient facility to our fully recyclable & compostable packaging, all decisions are made with our planet and community in mind.
Recently, Green Truck Grocery began servicing a small group of patrons that signed up for its Friends and Family campaign. Now, it is ready for orders from the general public. Our team’s passion for amazing food, our local community and protecting the environment come together to create Portland’s foremost sustainable shopping option.
“We are extremely excited to bring to market the first 100% renewably powered, electric vehicle grocery delivery service to the Portland community. Zak, Jeff and I are very proud of our small, self-funded team and all of the local farmers, vendors and suppliers who have helped bring our vision to reality!”
– Adam Poverman, Founder & Managing Partner
Here is how it works:
● GTG delivers two times a week—Sunday and Wednesday—and asks customers to place their orders in advance on its website, greentruckgrocery.com. This rhythm allows for less food waste and allows shoppers to receive the freshest, local goods.
● With a product lineup of more than 1,000 curated items, GTG prioritizes Oregon and Pacific Northwest regional goods, focusing on producers who share our vision of a sustainable community and environment.
● Orders are packaged in sustainable, PDX curbside recyclable materials and always delivered by 100% renewable charged electric vehicles.
● GTG delivers for FREE to the greater PDX metro area for orders over $50 and at prices competitive with other local, premium grocers.
● Service areas include: Hillsboro, Tigard, Beaverton, Portland, Tualatin, Milawaukie, Clackamas, and more. Reference GTG’s full service area
About the founders:
Jeff Wilson, Adam Poverman, and Zak Katz met while studying at the University of Oregon. With over 60 years of collective tenure in the food and beverage industry, each partner brings a unique perspective and a wealth of experience. Jeff previously served as the VP of Operations at Katalina Holding Company, Inc., and President of Bubbies Fine Foods, LLC: the nation’s top selling brand of refrigerated condiments in the Natural Foods channel. Adam has spent over 20 years in the restaurant industry; from tossing pizza pies in college, managing the former iconic PDX restaurant & bar Touché, to owning and operating a successful BBQ restaurant and catering company. Zak grew up on an organic apple orchard; working at local farms and a grocery store in his youth, he developed his culinary knowledge and passion through extensive work in fine dining. GTG and its founders are passionate about the local Portland community and the environment, they are proud to announce their sponsorship of Hillsboro’s Orchard Park and Disc Golf Course in tandem with their launch. Stay tuned to Green Truck Grocery for upcoming park and community events.