BON APPÉTIT PRESENTS FEAST PORTLAND AND NEW SEASONS MARKET TEAM UP TO LAUNCH THREE NEW ARTISAN COLLAB PRODUCTS THIS SUMMER
Feast’s Top Artisan and Chef Participants Create Delicious Collaboration Products With New Seasons Market Launching August 7
PORTLAND, ORE., August 7, 2019 – Bon Appétit Presents Feast Portland is teaming with New Seasons Market and Feast’s top chef and artisan participants to create limited edition, one-of-a-kind Feast Portland-inspired products launching this summer. These artisan collaboration products will be available for sale exclusively at New Seasons Market locations in Oregon and SW Washington in the weeks leading up to Feast Portland 2019, September 12-15. The first collaboration product will launch on August 7.
Feast Portland and New Seasons Market’s 2019 artisan and chef collaboration participants include: Olympia Provisions Chef and Salumist Elias Cairo, Wayfinder Beer Brewmaster Kevin Davey, Moonstruck Chocolate Master Chocolatier Julian Rose, Chef Maya Lovelace of Yonder (Portland, OR), and Chef Gregory Gourdet of Departure (Portland, OR).
2019 Collaboration Products:
- Party Time Feast Edition Pilsner from Wayfinder Beer
- Party Time Feast Edition is a special version of Wayfinder Beer’s classic German-style Pilsner. Clean, classic, and ever-so-crushable. Party Time is the perfect complement to nonstop Feasting! 4.7% alcohol by volume.
- Launching Wednesday, August 7
- Price: $12.99 / 4 pack
- Olympia Provisions Lap Cheong Sausage from Chef Gregory Gourdet and Salumist Elias Cairo
- Lap Cheong is a traditional Chinese sausage, coarsely ground and made with tamarind, sugar, Sichuan peppercorn, white pepper, and 7-spice. First fermented, then smoked, Lap Cheong covers the full spectrum of flavor; it is sweet, sour, spicy, and perfectly seasoned. Created in collaboration with Portland chef Gregory Gourdet of Departure and Olympia Provisions Salumist Elias Cairo and exclusively available at New Seasons Market, it is totally different than anything Olympia Provisions has ever made.
- Launching Monday, August 12
- Price: $10.99 for 12 oz.
- Moonstruck Chocolate Peach Crumble Buttermilk Chocolate Bar from Chef Maya Lovelace
- Dreamt up in a collaboration between Portland Chef Maya Lovelace of Yonder and Master Chocolatier Julian Rose of Moonstruck Chocolate, the Peach Crumble Buttermilk Chocolate Bar is rich and tangy mixed with a whole lotta southern charm. This dessert bar is made for storytelling on the sun porch.
- Launching Wednesday, August 14
- Price: $11.99
“We love connecting local chefs and small food producers in our communities to help create incredible products that celebrate and benefit our local food system,” said Mark Law, chief operations officer at New Seasons Market. “From a classic pilsner to an Asian sausage, and a Southern chocolate treat, we’re proud to show off the diversity of the Pacific Northwest culinary community while supporting local producers and nonprofits.”
A portion of gross sales from these collaboration products will be donated to Feast Portland’s 2019 charitable partners, Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon and Urban Gleaners. Since 2012, Feast has raised more than $450,000 to help end hunger in Oregon. The festival is proud to continue supporting this important cause through its charitable partners.
New Seasons Market is the presenting sponsor of The Big Feast, taking place on Saturday and Sunday of Feast Portland weekend at Tom McCall Waterfront Park. Tickets for The Big Feast are available at FeastPortland.com.
More information and updates about Feast Portland’s 2019 artisan and chef collaboration items with New Season Market can be found at https://www.feastportland.com/feast-collab/.
ABOUT FEAST PORTLAND
Bon Appétit Presents Feast Portland is more than a food and drink festival. It’s a movement that celebrates the diverse food and beverage community in Portland, Oregon and around the world. The festival is grounded in a sense of place, telling the story of the chefs, winemakers, brewers, farmers, artisans and makers in Oregon and how they connect with and inspire the rest of the world. Feast represents Oregon the incubator: a place where chefs, restaurateurs and entrepreneurs redefine what it means to be a leader in the 21st Century; a think tank where conversations about mindfulness, balance and leadership in food and beverage intersect; and a platform to showcase the most inspiring ideas and personalities from our city, our region, our country and worldwide. Through expansive one-of-a-kind large-scale events, intimate hands-on classes and collaborative dinners and thought-provoking panels, Feast has welcomed guests from around the globe and donated more than $450,000 to hunger relief charities helping to fight hunger in Oregon.
ABOUT NEW SEASONS MARKET:
New Seasons Market is a friendly neighborhood grocery store that believes great-tasting, local food has the power to build community and enhance lives. From taking care of our staff, partners, neighborhoods and the environment, to growing a sustainable and profitable business, we’re doing what we love with a commitment to cultivate a strong community centered around food. Founded in 2000 by three families and 50 friends in Portland, OR, we’re now a team of nearly 4,000 passionate staff across 21 stores in Oregon, Washington and Northern California—serving a unique mix of locally sourced and organic items, classic grocery favorites, and chef-made grab and go meal solutions. We’re proud of our progressive values—from offering industry-leading compensation and benefits, to committing 10 percent of our after-tax profits to the communities we serve. For more information, visit www.newseasonsmarket.com.