Feast Portland-Inspired Collaboration Products Launch in New Seasons Market, Benefiting Partners For A Hunger-Free Oregon
PORTLAND, ORE., September 6th, 2017: Bon Appétit Presents Feast Portland announces the second year of its “Feast Fab Collab” series, teaming up some of the food and drink festival’s top participating artisans and chefs to create limited edition, one-of-a-kind Feast Portland-inspired items. The collaboration products are now available at select New Seasons Market locations, retail locations and online for the month of September. A portion of proceeds from all Feast Fab Collab items will be donated to Feast Portland’s charitable partner, Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon.
Feast Portland 2017 Feast Fab Collab participants include New Seasons Market,Tillamook, Stumptown Coffee Roasters, Olympia Provisions, QUIN, Alma Chocolate, Smith Teamaker, Hopworks Urban Brewery, Full Sail Brewing, Chef Nina Compton of Compère Lapin (New Orleans, LA), and Chef Tom Douglas of Tom Douglas Seattle Kitchen Restaurants (Seattle, WA). Below are their Feast Fab Collab collaboration products and where to find them this month:
- New Seasons Market + Hopworks Urban Brewery “Farm To Feast” Fresh Hop Saison
- Description: Brewed for Feast in collaboration with New Seasons Market, Hopworks wanted to make a beer highlighting relationships between sustainable farmers, brewer, and retailer. They brewed a beautiful farmhouse Saison with 300 pounds of fresh Centennial hops from Crosby Hop Farm, spelt, and Salmon-Safe malted wheat and barley from Mainstem Malt. 6.5% ABV / 40 IBUS
- Available: $5.99 retail, 22 oz bottle. Sold at select New Seasons Market locations.
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters + Alma Chocolate Whipped Mocha bar
- Description: The Alma team LOVES Stumptown’s chocolate cold brew and wanted to create a rich mocha “milkshake” experience in a bar, and so The Stumptown + Alma Whipped Mocha Bar came to be. It is essentially a sophisticated three musketeers bar with a creamy mocha center, dark chocolate shell and a sprinkle of finely grown Stumptown coffee. The OG 74% Dominican chocolate is paired with Stumptown’s OG Holler Mt. Blend.
- Available: $5.99 retail. Sold in Alma stores, select Stumptown stores, select New Seasons Market locations and available online.
- Chef Tom Douglas + Smith Teamaker BLEND: No.190Arbequina Oolong Tea
- Description: BLEND: No.190 Arbequina Oolong is a full leaf oolong tea. A creamy and nutty oolong balanced with soft citrus notes, perfect with any meal, teatime or even steaming dumplings. Crafted by Smith Teamaker in cahoots with Seattle Chef Tom Douglas for Feast Portland to support a wonderful charity. Enjoy this tea while giving back to those in need. A blend of high grown Taiwanese oolong scented with Oregon Olive Mill Arbequina olive oil and Italian bergamot.
- Available: $15.99 retail. 15 Sachets NET WT 1.85 OZ (52 G). Sold at the Smith Teamaker shop and select New Seasons Market locations.
- Olympia Provisions + Tillamook Cheddar Cheese Sausage
- Description: This partnership with Tillamook proves that Meat + Cheese = love! Olympia Provisions’ classic frankfurter, made with pure pork shoulder and smoked over hickory and maple, sized up to grilling sausage proportions and studded with amazing melty pockets of Tillamook Sharp Cheddar.
- Available: Suggested retail – $10.25/lb. Sold in select New Seasons Market meat counters and prepared foods sections throughout September. Bon Appetit’s Brad Leone will also be grilling them up at Feast Portland’s Smoked! event.
- Olympia Provisions + Full Sail Beer Bratwurst
- Description: Olympia Provisions teamed up with Full Sail Brewing to put those old drinking buddies, bratwurst and beer, into one perfect package. 100% pork sausage flavored with white pepper, ginger, and nutmeg and a heavy pour of Sessions beer.
- Available: Suggested retail – $9.65/lb. Sold in select New Seasons Markets through September and featured at OP Wurst during the week of Feast Portland.
- Chef Nina Compton + QUIN Mango Chili Lime Dreams Come Chew
- Description: Mango Chili Lime Dreams Come Chew is a fruity, chewy candy inspired by of New Orleans Chef Nina Compton’s childhood memories of eating fresh mango on the beaches of St. Lucia.
- Available: $10 retail, 15 pieces/box. Sold at QUIN in Union Way (situated between Burnside and Stark) at 1025 SW Stark St and quincandy.com.
“Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon is grateful to be a part of the Feast Fab Collab series,” says Simone Crowe, Communications Manager of Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon. “We don’t have to let 1 in 4 kids in our communities go hungry, and the businesses participating in these collaborations get that—their work is making a difference and now Portlanders can help too.”
For attendees of Feast Portland, select Feast Fab Collab items will be on display at the Friday and Saturday Grand Tasting events. Tickets to Friday Grand Tasting Presented by New Seasons Market are still available to purchase at FeastPortland.com.
More information and updates about the Feast Fab Collab items can be found by following #FeastFabCollab on Instagram.
ABOUT FEAST PORTLAND
Bon Appétit Presents Feast Portland is the flagship food and drink festival in the Pacific Northwest, capturing the current energy and enthusiasm driving America’s food revolution. Founded in 2012 by Mike Thelin and Carrie Welch, the four-day festival showcases legendary and emerging chefs, culinary professionals and industry leaders at more than 40 delicious events, from large-scale tastings to hands-on classes to intimate dinners. Feast Portland continues to support efforts to end childhood hunger in our community, donating 2017 net proceeds to Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon.
ABOUT PARTNERS FOR A HUNGER-FREE OREGON
Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon (PHFO) envisions an Oregon where everyone is healthy and thriving, with access to affordable, nutritious and culturally appropriate food. To bring that vision into reality, we raise awareness about hunger, connect people to nutrition programs, and advocate for systemic changes that end hunger before it begins. Learn more at oregonhunger.org. Raise awareness of hunger and PHFO’s mission during Feast Portland by using #WhyWeFeast.