New and Exciting Cheese!
- Langres – A smaller and milder cousin of Epoisses. Made using cow’s milk, washed in a saline solution, and aged for about 5 weeks.
- Roth Kase Grand Reserve – An alpine style cheese from Wisconsin made from Cow’s milk. Dense, creamy, and fruity. A truly beautiful example of an American Alpine cheese.
- Mimolette – The Northern French classic has returned to our case after a long absence! Inspired by the Dutch Edam and infamous for the cheese mites that help create the porous rind. Bright Orange in color with floral aromas. Deep caramel flavors and dense and fudgy in texture.
- Kunik – A cow and goat’s milk triple creme from New York. The animals graze on nettles, raspberry leaves, garlic and kelp. Their unique diet adds depth and a complex herbaceous flavor that is quite unique and delicious.
Burrata Season is Here!
Here is a bit about the wines that Julia will be pouring:
- Grown in the cool Loire Valley on clay and silica soils, this Chardonnay offers beautiful restrained fruit, and enough bright acidity to be an excellent glass pour with fine cuisine.
NV La Jara Organic Rosato Frizzante, Veneto, IT
- An organic rose Prosecco in all but name (they’re forbidden from calling it Prosecco because it’s pink). Lots of fine persistent bubbles and ripe red summer fruit flavors. An approachable and refreshing style.
2011 J.Albin Lorelle Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, OR
- In 1981, before Oregon wine country became what it is today, the Albin family purchased Laurel Vineyard in the Chehalem Mountains and planted Pinot Noir grapes. Fast forward 30 years and with the benefit of time the vines are producing wine with great depth and complexity.
2014 Domaine du Bel Air, Bourgueil Jour de Soif, Cab Franc, Loire, FR
- The Gauthiers make a fresher, early drinking wine every year that is meant to be drunk during the first year of release. Always delicious, it has all of the wonderful things we look for in young Cabernet Franc; dark fruit, soft tannins, refreshing finish, good mineral component. This is great quaffing wine.
As usual, the tasting is complimentary, and wines will be discounted Thursday only!