We’d like to give you all an update about what’s happening at Cheese Bar. First, we plan to stay open indefinitely and are so very grateful for your support. These are our current systems:
Our new hours are 11-7, Tuesday through Sunday
We are no longer making prepared food but have expanded our retail section to include more staples, along with our continuing array of local and artisan products. Some things now in rotation:
- Fully stocked cheese case with old and new favorites
- Cage-free brown eggs (50¢ each), butter, bread
- Darigold milk, 2% and whole
- Stumptown coffee
- Apples, lemons, limes, etc.
- Onions, garlic, shallots
- Flour, sugar, yeast
- Pasta, beans, rice, canned tomatoes, canned fish
- Smoked turkey, ham, pastrami, slicing Swiss cheese, brick cheese
And much more!
Inventory is changing continually. Check Facebook or Instagram for updates. Or call the shop for most current information (503-222-6014). We are looking at pricing and trying to be consistent with other grocery stores. If there is anything you are specifically looking for, please ask!
- We are practicing social distancing/hygiene in the following ways:
- We are only admitting one customer person/party into the shop at a time. Customers can wait outside until previous shopper is finished.
- Customers are welcome to call in orders (503-222-6014) for curbside pickup or pick up at a table inside. Limited delivery is available. Please call or email for more information.
- We have discontinued cheese sampling. Our mongers are tasting cheese daily and would be happy to assist you in finding the right cheeses.
- Mongers are minimizing contact with customers as much as possible, including a minimum 6-foot distance whenever possible.
- We are sanitizing all surfaces frequently and washing hands, cleaning counters, credit cards, POS system, etc., between every transaction
- Our current system requires that we handle your credit card to swipe in-person transactions, but please know that we are being exceedingly careful about sanitation. We have a new terminal in transit that will allow you to insert your card yourself or use Apple Pay. You always have the option of verbaling your credit card number to us or using PayPay (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our goal during this very difficult time is to provide a neighborhood source for essentials while continuing to support the independent cheesemaker and producer community. We would love to hear your feedback, including any additional products you would like us to carry. Thank you for your patience and support.
6031 SE Belmont St.
Portland, OR 97206