This bonus bite-sized farmers market is coming to the end of its 13-week season.
Last-day festivities include a fundraiser with Threshold Brewing, tasting booth, raffle, and face painting.
Every Thursday, we celebrate the bounty of summer and the Montavilla community. Throughout the season, this market supported four local farmers and two small food businesses that brought fresh produce and grocery items each week. The Montavilla community came out to shop local and enjoy the gathering space the Plaza on 79th provided.
As the summer wraps up, this market’s season comes to an end on Thursday, September 29th. This final market will have several festivities to celebrate, including:
- Threshold Brewing Fundraiser: Bring your friends and have a pint during market hours! Threshold Brewing will donate $1 to Montavilla Farmers Market for every pint sold.
- Tasting Booth: Not sure what to do with late summer produce? Come taste a recipe created by farm-direct seasonal foods and get inspired for your next meal.
- Raffle: Enter for a chance to win a Montavilla Farmers Market tote bag filled with market goods. Each entry is just $1 and can be purchased at the September 29th market.
- Face Painting: Fun for the whole family! We will be joined by a local face painter.
- Live Music + Beer Garden: As always, there will be live music from 5pm-7pm and a beer garden on the plaza.
This mid-week market is a collaboration between Montavilla Farmers Market and Montavilla/East Tabor Business Association. It was made possible through a Vibrant Spaces Community Events Activation Fund grant from the City of Portland, in conjunction with the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) Public Street Plaza Program.
When: Thursday, September 29th 4:00 pm–7:00 pm
Where: SE 79th and SE Stark Street (on the street to the south of Threshold Brewing)
What: The Last Thursdays on the Plaza of the Season