CARIOCA BOWLS EXPANDS HANDCRAFTED AÇAÍ BOWL EXPERIENCE TO PORTLAND’S SLABTOWN NEIGHBORHOOD WITH SECOND LOCATION, OPENING SEPTEMBER 27
Carioca Bowls, Portland’s leading açaí bowl brand, will open their second location in the bustling Slabtown neighborhood on Friday, September 27. This location will feature a build-your-own, assembly line approach stocked with high quality, handcrafted açaí blends.
Opening hours will be 8am-5pm. In celebration of their opening weekend, Carioca Bowls will offering half priced bowls all day on Friday, 9/27 and until 11am on Saturday, 9/28.
Carioca Bowls Northwest Highlights:
- Carioca Bowls’ mission is to serve up the vibrance of Rio one delicious, handcrafted açaí bowl at a time.
- This new flagship location will include both “Signature Bowls” and a “Build Your Own” menu with a choice of base blend and toppings.
- The menu will also offer warm dishes including Brazilian feijoada-inspired vegan dish, avocado and nut butter toasts and gluten-free Brazilian cheesebreads.
- The restaurant will include 35 seats inside with 20 additional via an outdoor patio.
- Carioca Bowls Co-Founders Richard Matusow and Matthew Lau have both worked in the natural products industry for 20 years a piece and each spent a decade as executives at the açaí company Sambazon.
- Matusow and Lau’s core competency with açaí provides competitive advantages that enable them to set up operations in a unique way, bridging the gap between the high quality café experience and the quick service of scoop shops.
Please see a rendering of the new Slabtown location at The Carson building, 1625 N.W. 21st Ave, attached. Design by Osmose.