This week’s fruit update: Peach season is in full swing….we have lots and lots of ripe peaches! We plan on being open EVERYDAY this week, 9 am – 6 pm (M-F), and Saturday, 9 am – 4pm. We are picking Red Haven, Star Fire, Blazing Star and VIVIDS! Plus our Williams Pride apples and Red Clapp pears are ready to be picked. Bring your neighbors and your friends….we have more peaches ripe at one time than ever before.The price is $1.25/lb u-pick. Pay with cash or check only.
The U-pick price is $1.25/lb.
Remember our U-pick peach etiquette out at the farm:
- Please bring your own containers (no bags; they bruise the fruit).
- Peach carts are provided so you can pick directly from the tree into your container (less handling = fewer bruises).
- The picking is within easy reach, no ladders needed.
- Leave your four-legged furry friends at home. We work hard to keep the orchards clean.
- Please do not eat the fruit until you have paid for it.
Next week we expect Vivid peaches, Gravenstein apples & Red Clapp pears to be ripe. After that the Veterans will be ready to pick (not sure exactly when yet!). We will update Facebook, our harvest line: 503-647-5234, and our website with updates.
There is an abundant crop of all the fruit and picking is easy. You provide the boxes or containers to pick in and we’ll provide carts and short-trees for ladder-less picking!
We’re also selling sunflowers for $1/stem. They make for a beautiful backdrop for picture taking!