All-Women Culinary Career Panel Gathers Some of Portland’s Most Successful Food Entrepreneurs
New Les Dames d’Escoffier Portland Chapter Sponsoring Free Event
April 6, 2018 — Portland, Ore. — Les Dames d’Escoffier Portland will gather a group of chefs, writers, and makers for an informative evening on culinary careers on Thursday, May 10th. The goal of the event is to inspire students and working professionals about the many possible career paths within the culinary industry and provide a valuable networking opportunity for those already in the culinary field.
The panelists will recount their personal career trajectories, offer advice on possible vocational paths, answer audience questions, and discuss strategies for success. The discussion will be led by moderator Missy Maki, Host of “Simple Kitchen with Missy Maki,” Sundays on KPAM 860 AM, and associate sales director with Landry’s Inc.
The event is free and open to the public.
Time & Date: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 6:00 p.m.
- Naomi Pomeroy – Chef (Beast/Expatriate), Author, Restaurateur, Television Personality
- Debra Kaminski – MS, RDN, Director of Foodservice Marketing │Pacific Foods
- Danielle Centoni – Writer, Editor, Recipe Developer
- Karen Foley – Publisher, Imbibe Magazine
- Sarah Marshall – Founder/Maker, Marshall’s Haute Sauce
- Ivy Manning – Author, Cooking Instructor, Brand Development for food and fitness companies
Please RSVP via EventBrite: https://culinarycareerpanel.eventbrite.com. (Printable flyer attached.)
LDEI is an international organization of women leaders who create a supportive culture in their communities to achieve excellence in the food, beverage, and hospitality professions. To do this, over 2,300 members in 40 chapters worldwide provide leadership, educational opportunities and host philanthropic events within their communities. For more information, visit LDEI.org or on Facebook at Les Dames d’Escoffier Int’l.