1. Our Svend Mills, pictured above, are back in stock! Our Original Gray color was replaced with a new color called David Gray. Just kidding. The new color is called Slate Gray. I love David Gray’s music, though. Saw him play in Chicago in front of just 20 people in 1996. Oh yes, the new color has a touch of blue in it. It’s gorgeous.
2. Coriander Seed is our spice of the month. Our Coriander Seed is so citrusy. It smells like a Creamsicle Orange bar. Have you ever had a Creamsicle bar? We don’t sell them. They would melt in the boxes and get sticky, gooey stuff all over the place. That would not make me, or you, happy.
3. Sarah Marshall’s recipes for Reluctant Trading make us happy. Have you tried making Sarah’s Pear Tea Cake recipe featuring our coriander seed? Are you waiting for a special invitation? Well okay, then!
Our coffee and chai got us through. If only we could redact the winters in Chicago.
5. Our 100-year-loom aprons. My partner in India, Mr. Divakar, is making them exclusively for us in his home town of Kannur. They’re created on 100-year-old handlooms. Power looms go to bed at night dreaming of making stuff like this. At $39 each, they’re affordable, too. Nice Mother’s Day gift.
An apron made on a 100-year-handloom would be a special Mother’s Day gift.
6. Your orders make us happy. Seriously, thank you to everybody who has recently ordered for the first time and to all those who have ordered for the umpteenth time.
Heck, thank you to those who have even thought about ordering, but haven’t quite been able to do it yet. We’ll be here when you’re ready. Probably sipping on a Bollywood chai and munching on an Orange Creamsicle.
To all those who celebrate, we wish you and your family Happy Easter and Happy Passover.