Experience a real pie fight, pie movie shorts, and a custom Voodoo Doughnut “Pie Doughnut”!
The Nine Days Of Pie is nearly here, and just as the name says, it is a nine-day long holiday featuring pie, pie, more pie. This year the holiday takes place all over Portland at a variety of locations each offering its own spin on the event – including a custom pie doughnut from Voodoo Doughnuts to be sold for all nine days, a pie movie montage and a real pie fight! Plus, pie baking demos at three Natural Grocers locations and Pacific Pie!
In years past, the event was born and held in creator Shane and Amy Bugbee’s home in Astoria. Folks all over town, and others from Portland and even further, would congregate for nine days eating a variety of pie, meeting new people, and having great conversations. With the current state of divide in America, the couple thought now was the time to bring the power of pie to a larger audience in hopes that an act as simple as sharing a slice could help rebuild the unity and communities.
This year the events will include a pie fight and pie movie montage at the Clinton Street Theater, live music and performance at Dantes, several pie making demos by Amy Bugbee and portland pie chef Sarah Curtis-Fawley, and participation at the First Friday art walk at the East Creative Collective.
Other participating locations include the Bipartisan Cafe, Afru Gallery, and the Art Haus Cafe at Milepost 5. Coffee Time on NW 21st Ave is hoping to incorporate The Nine Days Of Pie with their grand re-opening, and Voodoo Doughnuts kicks off the holiday with a “Pie Doughnut” developed with Amy Bugbee’s Triple XXX Vanilla and offered for all nine days of the holiday.
All are welcome to come and have some pie (while supplies last) meet some new people and hopefully take a piece of peace home with them. All recipes and reports of each day’s events will be posted on the Nine Days Of Pie website: ninedaysofpie.com.
Come for the pie, stay for the people.
Nine Days Of Pie Locations: (This info may update as we get closer to the event.)
DAY 1 – Wed. November 1 from 6 – 9pm
▪ Voodoo Doughnuts II 1501 NE Davis St, PDX
• (SPECIAL 9 DAYS OF PIE/XXXVANILLA DOUGHNUT FOR SALE ALL DAY!!)
DAY 2 – Thurs. November 2 at 6pm
• Milepost 5’s Art Haus Cafe 8155 NE Oregon St, PDX
DAY 3 – Fri. November 3 at 6pm First Friday!
• East Creative Collective (Studio 3) 211 SE Madison St, PDX
DAY 4 – Sat. November 4 at 2pm
• Clinton Street Theater 2522 SE Clinton St, PDX
• (PIE FIGHT IN FRONT OF THEATER – PIE & PIE SHORT FILMS INSIDE! JOIN IN!)
DAY 5 – Sun. November 5 – 2pm
• Afru Gallery 534 SE Oak St, PDX
DAY 6 – Mon. November 6 (2 PIE LOCATIONS! 2 PIE TIMES!)
• 3-5pm Natural Grocers in Beaverton – pie demo by Amy Bugbee
• 7pm – Dante’s 350 W Burnside St, PDX
DAY 7 – Tues. November 7 (2 PIE LOCATIONS! 2 PIE TIMES!!)
• 3-5pm – Natural Grocers in Gresham – pie demo by Amy Bugbee
• 6pm – Bipartisan Cafe 7901 SE Stark St, PDX
DAY 8 – Wed. November 8 ( 2 PIE LOCATIONS! 2 PIE TIMES!!!)
• 3-5pm – Natural Grocers in Clackamas – pie demo by Amy Bugbee
• 7pm – CoffeeTime 712 NW 21st Ave, PDX
DAY 9 – Thurs. November 9 ( 2 PIE LOCATIONS! 2 PIE TIMES!!!)
• Noon – 3pm – Pacific Pie Company, pie demo by Sarah Curtis-Fawley 1520 SE 7th Ave, PDX
• 7 pm – Proper Pint Taproom with Pizza Pie from Bridge City Pizza 5965 SE 52nd Ave, Portland
Also, our main facebook event page for Nine Days Of Pie 2017 edition is here: https://www.facebook.
If you want to pitch in for pie making stuff or tip the cook: https://www.gofundme.
Presented by Triple XXX Vanilla http://www.
Regarding Pie – Many people ask if they can bring a pie, or if they must bring a pie. Fact is, pies are welcome, but never required. If you want to bring a pie, we’re delighted. If you don’t, were still delighted to have you!
Is there a cost?
• No cost for pie, but this year is a little different:
• At Dantes the Bands & Performers will welcome donations! 21 & over.
• At the Clinton Street Theater the theater will LOVE your donations!
• At Voodoo Doughnuts, we will share as many “Pie Doughnuts” as we can during the time we are there, but Voodoo Doughnuts will have the official Triple XXX Smoked Vanilla Pie Doughnuts for sale ALL DAY!