Team Vegan Iron Chef has been busy gardening, popping open cans of cold seltzer, recording our new podcast series, and revisiting our roots with something special coming later this month….
The word is out, and the rumors are true:
We’re handing off the #VEGANMACSHOWCASE torch to our friends at Green Acres Farm Sanctuary! The Silverton-based animal rescue farm is holding its’ first-ever “VEGAN MAC SMACKDOWN” on September 16 at the Lagunitas Community Room in NE Portland, and tickets are available now!
Vegan Iron Chef is a super proud community supporter, with many of our past event participants (and latest podcast guests!) joining the noochy competition, and we have a seat at the judges’ table!
Get your tickets while you still can. Admission includes bonus goodies from Sizzle Pie, Dream Cakes and a goodie bag full of coupons and well, more goodies, from Missionary Chocolates and Good Clean Love.
Want even more vegan event action?
Volunteer sign-up is now open for Portland VegFest 2017!
Every hand + person helps make this happen!
This year’s annual vegan bonanza is being held October 14-15, 2017 at the Oregon Convention Center. Details.
Announcing the “MYSTERY INGREDIENT” Podcast!
Our nonprofit’s mission is to show cruelty-free cuisine as empowering, inspiring, and exciting, and our new podcast series lets us share real, behind-the-scene conversations with the people creating, eating, and talking about the food we eat. Tune in!
Vegan Iron Chef ‘s Mystery Ingredients!
Recent podcast guests include:
- Nan and Sarah of KaTi Thai Restaurant — EP: 4 (this restaurant is LEGIT)
- MacKenzie Devito of No Bones Beach Club —EP 8 + EP: 9 (yeah, 2-parter, it’s so good!)
- Frances and Andrea of Green Acres Farm Sanctuary — EP 11: Green Acres is the Place to Be
- Waz Wu of Veganizers PDX — EP: 6
- “Chuck the Vegan” of Violife America —EP: 10 OMG! Violife Hits USA!
- lauren Ornelas of the Food Empowerment Project — EP: 5
- Karla Nolt of Jet Black Coffee — EP 1 + 2 “The Culinarians Cookbook Club“
- & Jules’ charming brother-in-law from the Big Apple, Aslan Chalom — EP 3: Desert Island