Rally’s chefs Alan Maniscalco and Shan Wickham have seen and been a part of the growing national Persian cuisine trend, incorporating unique Middle Eastern/Iranian flavors in subtle ways onto their menu since opening in Fall 2016.
Persian New Year Dinner Specials for Sunday, March 19th:
- Starter: Smoked salt cod, croquettes with cilantro, and tamarind sauce
- Mezze Plate: Warm flatbread, Kuku Sabzi- fresh herb omelet, whipped feta, eggplant spread, spring greens
- Pizza: House-made lamb sausage, Black Sheep Creamery fresh sheep milk cheese, green garlic, arugula
- Main: Saffron-lemon chicken, jeweled rice, yogurt and mint
- Dessert: Persian New Year Sundae – Crumbled walnut baklava, orange-blossom honey syrup
- Featured wine: Maysara Winery (owned and operated by the Momtazi family, Maysara is deeply rooted in their Persian cultural traditions, respect for the surrounding land, and a commitment to biodynamic farming and winemaking practices.)
Also, though Alan and Shan had already been planning this dinner for months, considering recent events they’ve decided to donate 10% of the proceeds from dinner to the ACLU.