Complimentary tastings on Dec. 1 and Dec. 8
feature menu of chocolate and cheese
Portland, Ore. (Nov. 13, 2012) – Moonstruck Chocolate Co. and Zupan’s Markets will host two afternoons of inventive chocolate and cheese pairings developed by Moonstruck’s master chocolatier Julian Rose and Zupan’s cheese monger Jeanette Maxey.
Throughout the afternoon gatherings on Dec. 1 and Dec. 8, guests are invited to participate in a complimentary tasting that will include the following decadent chocolate and cheese dishes accompanied by assorted beers and wines:
· Dried Fig topped with Fromager D’Affinois Soft Cheese sprinkled with sea salt, walnuts and thin milk chocolate cigars. Beer selection: La Trappe Quad Belgian
· Dark Sea Salt Chocolate with Almond Spread and Pierre Robert Cheese topped with a slice of pear, an almond, a slice of salmon and sprinkled with cracked pepper. Wine selection: Chandon Rose Sparkling Wine
· Pumpernickel Triangle spread with Pear-Hazelnut Jelly and Delice St. Agur Blue Cheese with salted pistachio garnish and dotted with dark melted chocolate. Wine selection: Brooks 2009 Riesling
· Delice St. Agur Blue Cheese spread between two Dark Chocolate Coffee Wafers topped with a dollop of pear jelly. Beer selection: Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout
· Crostini filled with Melted Milk Chocolate with Hot Pepper Wedges garnished with Cave-Aged Gruyere cheese, honey and ground cumin. Wine selection: Dowsett 2011 Gewurztraminer
· Giant Spoon lined with a Water Cracker topped with Delice du Jura tapenade topped with melted chocolate drizzle and an herb. Wine selection: Luchetti 2010 Lacrima di Morro d’Alba
· Bellavitano Raspberry Cheese Stick topped with Dark Chocolate Flakes and Sea Salt, drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar. Wine selection: Warres Warrior Port
· Matiz Crackers Stack with Chili-infused Dark Chocolate, Chianti Jelly, River’s Edge Chevre and a Caper Bud. Wine selection: Borgo Scopeto 2007 Chianti Classico
Chocolate and cheese lovers will have the opportunity to delight in these tasty treats on two occasions:
· Saturday, Dec. 1: From 3:00 p.m. through 6:00 p.m., Lake Grove Zupan’s Markets (16380 Boones Ferry Rd., Lake Oswego) will host a full-scale walk-around tasting of Rose’s and Maxey’s chocolate and cheese creations.
· Saturday, Dec. 8: The Lake Oswego Moonstruck Chocolate Café (45 S State Street, Lake Oswego) will host an intimate gathering featuring the same creations from 3:00 p.m. through 6:00 p.m.
About Zupan’s Markets
Founded by John Zupan in 1975, Zupan’s Markets is a local and family-owned market that has served Portland’s food-loving community for 37 years. Zupan’s Markets, now with four locations, focuses on quality, selling everything from the best meats and wines to the freshest produce, baked goods, gourmet deli products, specialty foods, flowers and more, always emphasizing locally sourced, artisan products when possible. For more information, visit www.zupans.com or stay in touch at www.facebook.com/
About Moonstruck Chocolate Co.
Since 1993, Moonstruck Chocolate Co. has been handcrafting artisan chocolates that not only delight the senses, but also nourish the imagination. Moonstruck uses only the finest and freshest ingredients, including superior quality cocoa beans originating from some of the most exotic locations in the world. Moonstruck Chocolate’s master chocolatier, Julian Rose, was named one of Dessert Professional’s Top Ten Chocolatiers for 2009 and Moonstruck’s award-winning creations were featured as the official chocolate of the 77th and 78th Annual Academy Awards®. Moonstruck’s chocolate creations are handcrafted, hand-decorated and hand-packaged in Portland, Ore., and are available around the country at select retailers, online at www.moonstruckchocolate.com, and at the five Moonstruck Chocolate Cafés located in Portland.