***Upcoming Friday Night Tastings***
Friday, March 22nd
– 2011 Bodegas Iturralde “Gorka”, Txakolina.
(50% Ondarrabi Zerratie, 50% Ondarrabi Zuri)
– 2010 Bula, Montsant.
(40% Mazuelo, 40% Garnacha, 20% Syrah)
(100% Old Vine Garnacha)
– 2007 Altos de Luzon, Jumilla.
– 2010 Bodegas Obalo, Rioja.
The EDW Monthly Wine Club is recruiting. The idea is simple, the logistics are easy, and the wines are affordable and accessible. Two bottles, once a month, with total cost between $25-$35, never to exceed $35. You may specify “Only Reds” if you like; otherwise, there will be occasional bubbles, whites and roses in the mix, especially during summer months and appropriate holidays. One of the two bottles will always be a red.
How it works:
– Reply to this email to join. Credit card information will NOT be collected. We’re using the “promise to pick up” system. Weird, huh?
– Trust your EDW merchant to choose only fun and interesting wines — that are great values — by the 15th of every month.
– I will email the selections to you each month, informing you that the club wines are ready to be picked up.
– Pick up your club wines by the 30th of the month.
I will only select wines for the club that I would be willing to take home myself. I want to keep things affordable, and show you wines that exceed expectation based on the price. Some obscure, some crowd pleasers. Some party wines, some food wines. All reliable. This will be a lot of fun for all of us. Who knows, you may fall in love with a grape or region you’d never considered. All part of the joy of discovering wine… I’m looking forward to introducing you to my real “go to” wines.
As always, I really do appreciate your loyalty and support. I am one lucky local entrepreneur.
Don’t forget, Every Day Wine is a BRING YOUR OWN FOOD hang out (pizza, cheese & crackers, fresh baked bread, gourmet olives, chips ‘n salsa, chocolates, desserts, etc)… the bartender does retain the right to sample all the goods.
Remember to host your next birthday party (or book club, or anniversary, or bridal shower, or client appreciation party) at Every Day Wine.
Thanks so much for your support!!! And don’t forget to forward this message to all of your wine-loving friends.
Every Day Wine is located at 1520 NE Alberta St.
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 2pm-10pm