Departure Will Serve An Exotic India Inspired Menu February 14th-17th for Valentine’s Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Join Departure Restaurant and Lounge for a Bollywood Valentine’s dinner, Eat. Drink. Love. Served family style at $60 per person, the menu will feature exotic flavors of India from Chef de cuisine, Gregory Gourdet. Chef Gourdet’s inspiration comes from Valentine’s Day’s increasing popularity in India. He explains that while some Hindus argue the holiday threatens traditional Indian values, young well-educated urbanites celebrate this day of love with flowers, symbols of birds, and full restaurants! Gourdet nods the forward thinking global traveler with an Indian inspired feast this Valentine’s Day. Departure’s Eat. Drink. Love. menu is a little spicy, a little sweet – the perfect motif for a Valentine’s Day to remember. Jai Ho!
This love from India menu will be available at Departure February 14th-17th. In addition to the set menu, a limited bar menu will be available from 4pm to 6pm on February 14th, and Departure’s regular dinner menu will be available February 15th-17th. Call for reservations: 503-802-5370
Departure’s Valentine’s Day Menu: Eat. Drink. Love.
$60 Per Person
Served Family Style
- Coconut Curry Mussels, Charred Onion Naan
- Lamb Kofta, Grilled Meatball Skewers, Cilantro Yogurt, Tamarind Harissa
- Winter Vegetable Samosa, Cumin, Coriander, Puff Pastry
- Seafood Masala, Scallop, Dungeness Crab, Shrimp, Cod, Garam Masala, Ginger, Green Chilies
- Tandoori Chicken, Tandoori Masala, Yogurt, Garlic, Ginger, Lemon
- Pork Vindaloo, Black Pepper, Mustard Seed, Cinnamon
- Coconut Creamed Spinach
- Fragrant Basmati Rice, Whole Spices, Fried Onions
- Crispy Dumplings in Saffron-Rose Syrup
- Toasted Rice Kulfi, Pistachio, Winter Fruit Mango Coconut Cardamon Lassi
About Departure Restaurant
Departure Restaurant is located atop the Nines Hotel and offers modern Asian cuisine in a sleek, cosmopolitan setting with two outdoor decks and stunning views of the city, mountains and river. Traditional Asian preparations meet Northwest ingredients in signature dishes such as the restaurant’s grilled kushiyaki selections, malay meatballs and maguro karai honey sushi rolls. Departure’s bar showcases exotic cocktails, a global wine list and one of the city’s largest sake list. Departure Restaurant serves dinner Sunday through Thursday from 4 p.m. to midnight and Friday and Saturday 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. Happy hour is daily from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Departure is located on the 15th floor of the Nines Hotel at 525 SW Morrison Street in downtown Portland. For information call 503-802-5370 or go online to www.departureportland.com. Departure Restaurant is on Facebook and Twitter.