WHAT : The second annual COUNTRY Chef Challenge will take place atPioneer Courthouse Square on Monday, July 16. Three ofPortland’s finest chefs will compete to create the best dish as awarded by a panel of celebrity judges.
Competing chefs will have 20 minutes to shop the market for ingredients to create their recipe of choice. Then they will have another 30 minutes to create the dish that they will present to the judges.
COUNTRY Financial will distribute reusable canvas bags and give visitors a chance to win a $100 gift card to each of the competing chefs’ restaurants.
WHEN: The COUNTRY Chef Challenge will kick off July 16 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: Pioneer Courthouse Square
WHO: Three culinary masters will take on the challenge -
- Gregory Gourdet, from Departure Restaurant, named Portland’s Hottest Chef of 2012
- David Padberg, Chef de Cuisine from Park Kitchen, has cooked in high-end restaurants across Europe and the United States
- Sarah Schafer, Executive Chef of Irving Street Kitchen, cooked her way from New York to San Francisco to Portland
The celebrity judging panel will consist of:
- Mike Thelin, Bolted Services principal, producer of high-profile food events likeNew York’s Eater Awards
- Allison Jones, Contributing food editor and photographer at Portland Monthly Magazine
- Jen Stevenson, Author of Portland‘s 100 Best Places To Stuff Your Faces
KGW’s Drew Carney will emcee the event.