What: Darigold is bringing a Farmalicious “Fun Fridge” event to Portland’s Pioneer Courthouse Square on Saturday, September 29 from 1 – 3:30 p.m. The event will feature a giant 16-foot fridge and several smaller ones, each with their own unique design and function sure to surprise and delight Portlanders!
The day’s festivities will feature delicious Darigold gourmet bites by popular local food truck The Sugar Cube, live music from Portland’s own School of Rock and fun for the whole family to enjoy. For the young and young at heart, there will be an old fashioned tractor on-site and a Farmalicious kids coloring area. Popular local celebrity Tara Dublin will be hosting the “Fun Fridge” event. The event is free and open to the public.
Most importantly, the event is all to support a good cause! Guests are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to help fill a designated refrigerator on-site. Once full, Darigold will donate the food and $5,000 to Birch Community Services, Inc. to fight hunger in Portland.
Of course, there will also be plenty of Darigold product giveaways on hand to help revelers enjoy the afternoon!
Where: Pioneer Courthouse Square, 701 SW 6th Avenue, Portland, OR 97204
When: Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
**The massive fridge will be installed by 11 a.m. for media wishing to get visuals, and a spokesperson will be available throughout the day**
· Portland’s Pioneer Courthouse Square turned into a Farmalicious Fun Fridge spectacular, complete with a 16-foot refrigerator!
· Servers emerging from the oversized fridge carrying delicious Darigold sample bites created by The Sugar Cube
· Portland’s School of Rock, a group of talented and inspiring kids, rocking out on stage
· Vintage John Deere tractor painted in Farmalicious flair
· Children participating in unscramble letter games on the fridges, playing on the tractors and enjoying free samples of Darigold products